About Abby Schumacher
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, Shenandoah University, 2015
- Bachelor of Science in Kinesiological Sciences, University of Maryland, 2011
- Completed training for Functional Dry Needling through Kinetacore Physical Therapy Education
- Outpatient Orthopaedic Rehabilitation
- MedStar Health – 2015-2016
- FX Physical Therapy – 2016-2017
- Continuing education courses through Great Lakes Seminars focusing on the treatment of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine
- Continuing education courses through the Institute of Physical Art in Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation
- Mission trips through Shenandoah University’s Graduate Program to Haiti in 2011 and 2012
- Interested in pursuing further training in manual therapy through the Institute of Physical Art.
- Abby was a Division 1 gymnast at Towson University from 2009-2011 prior to completing her BS from the University of Maryland. She was also previously certified as a Level 1 Crossfit Trainer in 2012. Abby enjoys treating all patients with general orthopedic diagnoses as well as athletes, including gymnasts, runners, crossfitters, and lacrosse players.
» See TSM Therapists for office location(s).
Read what Towson Sports Medicine patients have to say about Abby Schumacher!
My experience with Abby was amazing!!!
“I’m a Category 2 (USA Cycling) Road Racer who crashed during training on March 3rd. I suffered a complete collar bone joint tear (grade 3 AC separation). I thought my season was over but Abby worked with me and helped me get back on the podium at the Bike Jam Kelly Cup Criterium in Baltimore on May 20th. Thanks Abby!!!”
- Henri S.
Abby Schumacher TSM Bel Air
“Abby has helped me so much to recover from shoulder surgery. I could tell she cared very much about my recovery. She sent me home with home exercises to do regardless of how much I did at therapy and I know this is why I recovered as well as I have. Thank you Abby you are the greatest!!!”
- Andy B.
“Abby and her team were absolutely wonderful! They were friendly and professional! They don't leave you on a machine or put you in a corner,they actually had a plan to help me recover from my knee surgery from day one! I would recommend TSM to all my family and friends!”
- Christian P.
CLICK TO READ MORE REVIEWS or to tell us about YOUR TSM experience.