The pediatric sports medicine program at Towson Orthopaedic Associates strives to serve children and adolescents by diagnosing and treating sports medicine related injuries and illnesses; preventing injuries; educating parents, coaches, and athletes on common injuries; and assisting athletes in reaching their full individual athletic potential.
The program focuses on:
- Sprain and Strains
- Overuse injuries
- Nutrition counseling for improved sports performance
- Sports related concussion management
- Baseline concussion testing
- Rehabilitation and bracing for return to play
- Sports Injury Hotline 410 828-4TSM (4876)
- Same Day injury evaluations
- Athletic training services for club sports and recreational councils
- Pre-participation Physical examinations
- Educational programs and community education
- Injury prevention initiatives
Dr. Teri McCambridge, a board certified pediatrician and sports medicine physician, received her fellowship training from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and her medical school and residency training at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and Hospital, respectively. Dr. McCambridge is the former chair of the American Academy of Pediatrics Council of Sports Medicine and Fitness, an executive member of the American College of Sports Medicine’s Exercise is Medicine Pediatric Committee, and on the Council of Champions for the American Orthopaedic Society of Sports Medicine’s STOP campaign.
Dr. McCambridge leads a team of certified athletic trainers, physical and occupational therapists who are dedicated to returning the youth athlete safely and quickly to activity.
To make an appointment with a Pediatric Sports Medicine Specialist, call: